Wednesday, March 12, 2014

3/12/14


Dear Diary,

I have some big news. I am 21 months old and have been potty trained for the past 3 months!

Oh, did I mention ONLY AT SCHOOL? You didn’t think I would actually demonstrate this ability at home, did you?! Yep, I consistently go #1 AND #2 everyday at school now. I even ask to go. But I refuse to show Mommy at home. That’s just how I roll (see: didn’t walk at home for several weeks after I did it at school).

Also, we now have pets! They are called “deer” and they often are in our back yard eating some plants. I love them, and I admit I do get upset when they aren’t there. Somehow yelling “deer!” doesn’t magically make them appear. I must fix that.

And now, here is a list of reasons why Mommy and Daddy are monsters*:

-          They keep me confined to a cage at night. Everyone else is free to leave their rooms.
-          I am not allowed to lay down and have a tantrum on the driveway.
-          They act like they can’t understand me. I understand everything I am saying!
-          I am forced to wear a diaper ALL DAY. I just want to be free.
-          They won’t let me stand on the couch.
-          I’m not permitted to open the fridge and stare at its contents for hours.
-          Naps. I’ve explicitly told them I’m not interested. Yet naptime just keeps happening.
-          How can you serve me rice and NOT expect me to throw it everywhere?
-          They are really strict about seatbelts. Like, every time we drive somewhere they must wrestle me into them.
-          They don’t like to share their smartphones. I have people to call, plans to make!

However, they are pretty awesome most of the time. Lately I love to repeat “Mommy, Daddy, Mommy, Daddy”.  And I like to dance to “Happy”. Who doesn’t?!

Hugs, kisses, and hair-tugging….

XOXO
Baby Zoey


*Credit: Kylie contributed to this list last night in a bedtime-snuggling-fit-of-giggles. Mommy couldn’t be prouder.

1 comment: